UFS disk status DEGRATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

drrummer

Cadet
Hello!
I read a lot of post, but I still didn't solved my problem. I can not reattach disk that was previosusly attached.

I have UFS file system with RAID1 (mirroring). I tried to silumate an error for disk and I disconected it and turn server on. Errror was reported (everything ok). When I reconnected disk (and turn again on) I have status DEGRADED. I remembered which disk I disconected so I replaced it (in GUI) with the "same ada1". I though that now disks will sinchronize, but status is still DEGRADED.

Then I manualy formated (in windows) and repeate procedure, but still status is DEGRADED.

Can anyone please help me how to solve this problem.
thx

BattlePants

Cadet
I am having sort of the same problem. I installed FreeNAS 8 on two brand new 1TB disks in a RAID 1 array. Everything was perfect for 6 weeks or so. tODAY, when I went to the FreeNAS console, I get a blinky red warning light and the message that my main volume is "DEGRADED". What does that mean? There are no explanations for what that means anywhere that I can find, and from what I can see, there are no files missing, and I can write to and read from the volume just fine. I have no idea how long that message has been in place, and no idea of what to do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.