Trying to get NZBget installed on FreeNAS

smokechaser

Dabbler
I've tried putting a username/password. it just spits me out back to the login input window.

smokechaser

Dabbler
so everything is installed and no other errors BUT I still cannot access the web interface. This Error 503: Service unavailable is a real bummer. I tried updating before installing, tried making a whole new jail, tried restarting the jail, tried changing the user/pass to something else other than default. It's got to be a simple solution, I just don't know.

smokechaser

Dabbler
Surely other people have been able to access the nzbget web interface with it installed on freenas? Or is everyone using it with the interface in the shell window?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Surely other people have been able to access the nzbget web interface with it installed on freenas? Or is everyone using it with the interface in the shell window?
I am using it in freenas. I have never logged into any interface in a shell window.

smokechaser

Dabbler
Well can you help me? Why would I be getting an "Error 503: Service Unavailable" when I try to login with the default login/pass. What am I missing?

smokechaser

Dabbler
Log file:

Thu Jan 7 19:29:41 2016 ERROR Could not read configuration templates
Thu Jan 7 19:29:41 2016 INFO nzbget 16.4 daemon-mode
Thu Jan 7 19:30:27 2016 WARNING Web-Server: 503 Service Unavailable, Resource: /
Thu Jan 7 19:30:27 2016 WARNING Web-Server: 503 Service Unavailable, Resource: /favicon.ico
Thu Jan 7 19:40:15 2016 ERROR Starting daemon failed: could not acquire lock on lock-file /downloads/nzbget.lock
Thu Jan 7 19:41:09 2016 WARNING Web-Server: 503 Service Unavailable, Resource: /
Thu Jan 7 19:41:10 2016 WARNING Web-Server: 503 Service Unavailable, Resource: /favicon.ico

smokechaser

Dabbler
Got it working using this start command: nzbget -c /etc/nzbget.conf -s

How do I have nzbget start up automatically if I reboot the FreeNAS machine?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Like any other service in freebsd.
Hold on a second that is actually not easy if someone hasn't already done the work to build the script. Not sure if that exists for this application? If it does you can just put nzbget_enable="YES" in /usr/local/etc/rc.conf

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Hold on a second that is actually not easy if someone hasn't already done the work to build the script. Not sure if that exists for this application? If it does you can just put nzbget_enable="YES" in /usr/local/etc/rc.conf
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/autostart-for-nzbget-on-jail.26237/

http://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411

https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/wiki/Installation-on-FreeBSD

http://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2292

I could keep going, but then I would be doing the work for him.

jonmayer

Cadet
I know this thread is old, but after visiting google quite a few times I fell like the complete steps haven't been listed anywhere. These are the steps I used and seems to be working correctly.

Install NZBGET in jail
Code:
pkg install nzbget

In config file /usr/local/etc/nzbget.conf
Code:
WebDir=/usr/local/share/nzbget/webui
ConfigTemplate=/usr/local/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf
ControlUsername=
ControlPassword=

Enable run on startup
Code:
sysrc 'nzbget_enable=YES'

Add jail storage for /downloads

Restart jail

Navigate to {jail-ip}:6789 for NZBGET web interface

ajschot

Patron
does unpack work? i can't get it unpack

It is giving me the following error
Code:
Unrar: Could not start unrar: No such file or directory

ajschot

Patron
Yes i tried but it was already installed
Only the path name need to be set in nzbget web gui

To find the path use in the console of the plugin (or via SSH and jexec)
Code:
which unrar

You will see the following
Code:
root@NZBget:/ # which unrar													
/usr/local/bin/unrar															
root@NZBget:/ #		

Copy and paste that path inside your webgui from nzb in : Settings -> Unpacking -> Unrar
Save settings and reload NZBGet

Last edited:

appliance

Explorer
also i set /usr/local/share/nzbget* & /usr/local/etc/nzbget* to nonroot user (e.g. new or sonarr or transmission if they own the jail), then set this user in DaemonUsername. then i slap the certificates into this folder and chmod 400 it, privkey.pem comes not from ACME folder, but from letsencrypt-*.key in /etc/certificates*. That is now a certificate format number 100 i guess.. and the fullchain.pem will be a copy of ACME/domain/fullchain.cer.

*now to automate this like for every jail... CER, CRT, KEY, PEM, PVK, PFX... in this insanity, i navigate by scripts. in this case, i fetch the key:
cp $(ls -r /etc/certificates/letsencrypt-*.key | head -1) /jails/nzbget/root/usr/local/etc/nzbget