Steps to take after NZBGet is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Hello all, I have installed nzbget into a manual jail using the following commands: pkg update && pkg upgrade -y then pkg install nzbget. This installed nzbget with no errors. When I try to start nzbget I get the error that the download directories do not exist. In reading the nzbget.conf file it states some directories are mandatory to exist before nzbget will start up which makes sense. I am extremly poor at working in freebsd and shell but trying to learn.

My questions is if someone can help guide me in the steps I need to take to get nzbget started so I can access the web interface to make the system changes.

Question 1: Download Drives: I already have downloader folders setup up in freenas data set but need to add them to the nzbget.conf file I assume. What syntax should it be in and where do I put it in the config file? I assume I should also add storage to the jail pointing to downloader folders.

Question 2: Permissions: What permissions do I need to set in nzbget as well. I know in sonarr I created a group and added a user to it that I created in freenas that had access to the media folder. I assume I need to do a similar thing for nzbget but where do I find the nzbget user name?

Question 3: Whats left: Once I have the two items above done should I be able to loging to the web interface to manage nzbget through the gui for the rest of the setup?

Sorry for so many questions and I am trying to learn through doing it so any help you can provide is appreciated.

Running FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201605240427 (64fcd8e)

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Bump....I have to imagine someone has done this and could help me out. I am really struggling to figure this out.

neilperry

Cadet
Im currently evaluating switching to FreeNAS and one of my use cases involved nzbget. I also ran into the same issue above regarding directories not existing. Ultimately what you should do after installing nzbget is create /downloads/ and then you should be able to start nzbget successfully.

So for example...

root@nzbget_1:/ # service nzbget onestart
Starting nzbget.
nzbget.conf(70): Invalid value for option "TempDir" (/downloads/tmp/): could not
create directory : No such file or directory
nzbget.conf(67): Invalid value for option "QueueDir" (/downloads/queue/): could
not create directory : No such file or directory
nzbget.conf(61): Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/downloads/nzb/): could not
create directory : No such file or directory
/downloads/dst/nzbget.log: No such file or directory
root@nzbget_1:/ # mkdir /downloads/
root@nzbget_1:/ # service nzbget onestart
Starting nzbget.
root@nzbget_1:/ #

Ignore the message about nzbget.log not existing and browse to the web interface on port 6789 and from there you can change the defined directories and likely trash the directory you made if you no longer want to use it

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
No I have not been able to figure this out any further. The information from neilperry will help and I will try that today when I get home. Does any one know what the user and group accounts are used in NZBGET? I figure I also need that information to add to the FreeNAS account as well like I did with sonarr.

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
I stopped by the house to work on this and I created the downloads folder and nzbget was able to start. I then went to the ip address of the jail with the port number and got authentication box so progress. I used the user id: nzbget and password: tegbzn6789 which then gave me a the web page error Error: 503 Service Unavailable.

So some progress but still not there. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.