SOLVED NZBGet help

ajschot

Patron
Hi all,

I installed nzbget in a jail, and it runs and i can get to the web gui etc.
All looks fine.... it even can download only it is impossible to get it unpacked.
So when i check i see all files in Intermediate in the mounted dataset
But which ever nzb i try i get an error

Code:
Sun Jun 04 2017 13:40:21 Unrar: Could not start unrar: No such file or directory

On every NZB it looks like i have to install some unrar thing but i thought i only have to install the nzbget (pkg install nzbget) did i do something wrong?
I checked unrar is there, in console i can run unrar and it starts.
SO it looks like i have a wrong command in my settings, but i never changed this so i don't understand what is going wrong here. Can someone with a working nzbget please post a screenshot of the unrar settings?

Last edited:

ajschot

Patron
Got it solved.
Had to change the unrar path to the place on unrar

Code:
/usr/local/bin/unrar

If this is not working to find your unrar location you can do the following command in the jail console
Code:
which unrar

Arman

Patron
Thank you so much, dude! Who would have thought a post with no replies from so long ago would have helped me fix this mind boggling problem!

soccrstar

Cadet
same! helped me too!

thank you!

ChiknNutz

Patron
This also helped me. Thank you for that. I have been using SABnzbd, but somehow broke it when upgrading so am trying NZBget as an alternative.

However, I think I have a permission issue still lurking as I cannot see the unpacked files on the file system. I have installed, messed with, uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times now. Is there anything unique about iocage permissions? Best as I can tell, if I use this command...

sysrc 'nzbget_user=media'

...it seems to break the jail somehow. After I run this, I can no longer get the nzbget service to start. I have narrowed it down to this command, but have no idea how this hoses it up.

I have my Mount Points as follows (same as I had used for SABnzbd):
Source: /mnt/Rivendell/media/downloads
Destination: /mnt/iocage/jails/nzbget/root/media/downloads

Then in NZBget I have this:
1603303487210.png

Dave Hob

Contributor
Got it solved.
Had to change the unrar path to the place on unrar

Code:
/usr/local/bin/unrar

If this is not working to find your unrar location you can do the following command in the jail console
Code:
which unrar

I think my nzbget has the same issue

May I ask how do you change the path of unrar?

Thank you

ChiknNutz

Patron
It is in the GUI of NZBget as noted in the screenshot.

1603996972604.png

Dave Hob

Contributor
Thank you I was able to figure that after all.

Though an interesting note. When NZBget plugin install on my end it didn't install the unrar pkg so I had to install it myself.

Did anyone else experienced that? I did fresh new installs with the same issue (I think both freenas and truenas)

msbxa

Contributor
I am having a problem with NZBget as plugin on TN12 12.1 Release, I get Direct unpack xxxxx failed pointing to unrar not working. My old NZBget TN12 11.3 Release still working.

Dave Hob

Contributor
I am having a problem with NZBget as plugin on TN12 12.1 Release, I get Direct unpack xxxxx failed pointing to unrar not working. My old NZBget TN12 11.3 Release still working.
You might be experiencing the same issue as me

Get inside the jail and install unrar "pkg install unrar"

than from nzbget menu add UnrarCmd path "/usr/local/bin/unrar" per ChiknNutz post (screen shot provided on previous post)

msbxa

Contributor
You might be experiencing the same issue as me

Get inside the jail and install unrar "pkg install unrar"

than from nzbget menu add UnrarCmd path "/usr/local/bin/unrar" per ChiknNutz post (screen shot provided on previous post)
nzbget plugin working now on TN12 12.1 Release after i've install unrar. Thanks

davidjt

Dabbler
nzbget downloads and unpacks my downloads into the jail instead of my download directory target. Is this normal? Sonarr saying no eligible files to move. I don't have the Chmod 777 setting in Sonarr enabled. Could this be my issue? Sonarr and nzbGet have mount points to the same directories.

ChiknNutz

Patron
nzbget downloads and unpacks my downloads into the jail instead of my download directory target. Is this normal? Sonarr saying no eligible files to move. I don't have the Chmod 777 setting in Sonarr enabled. Could this be my issue? Sonarr and nzbGet have mount points to the same directories.

I first had this same problem. I initially had NZBget pointed to my /mnt/[POOLNAME]/media/downloads. I found out this is wrong as it creates this additional folder structure inside the jail. Ensure that the "MainDir" in NZBget is pointed to your jail directory, not your directory in you actual download folder. You also need to ensure your Mount Point in your jail is proper. Here are my settings for reference.

1604951720802.png

1604951749912.png