TrueNas hostname doesn't show up in Windows network list

Gerco

Cadet
Hi all,

New to this forum, read the rules and hope I am all doing according to the rules.
I have two TrueNas setups, see my signature.

One of them, shows up perfectly in my windows network list:
1673109109728.png

The second TrueNas however, hostname Hp2, is accessible through \\Hp2 and through its IP address 192.168.1.50 but it does not show up in the network list. I have checked both configuration but I can't find any difference. NetBios is tagged.
I had the second truenas installed on another desktop, both virtualised through ProxMox and running on its bare metal, and then the hostname didn't show up either.
Are the two TrueNas's colliding with each other and should I configure the second one differently, in order to make a distinction between the two maybe?

Here are the configs:
1673109431243.png

1673109478952.png

Does anyone have an idea what I could do?

Thank you in advance.

fcorbelli

Explorer
First thing: look at the master browser

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Honestly, getting this to work reliably is a waste of time. Intead, just use a combination of shortcuts pointing to the servers and network mounts (as fits your needs) to achieve the same or better effect with none of the associated headache and deep-dive into archaic elements of Windows networking.

artlessknave

Wizard
I have the opposite. i have a "truenas" system in windows network list that I can't get rid of. I have no idea what it was, and it doesnt exist.

the windows network discovery is absolutely soul sucking garbage.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'll trade my emptiness for your excess.

Gerco

Cadet
Thanks you every1 for your replies. :smile:
I'll just make shortcuts, it's no real biggie.