Snapshots taking 9 minutes to show up

HarambeLives

Contributor
I have never noticed this before, but today I was working on my secondary TrueNAS box and so I was waiting for replication tasks to run, and I noticed they seemed to be stuck

In the end, I found the problem that its taking around 9 minutes for snapshots to show up. I have snaps every 15 Mins, and the 13:15 Snaps took until around 13:24 to show up both in the TrueNAS UI, and in Windows Explorer Previous versions

I thought it might be a one off, but then I noticed the 13:30 snaps took until 13:39 to show up. This of course delays replication too, as the replication then only starts at 13:39

I'm on TrueNAS-12.0-U6, VERY minimal change rate between snaps, in fact these are probably all empty snapshots. Very low load on the NAS in general

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: Something else to note is that once they do show up, all 5 snapshots for different datasets show up, so it doesn't look like one is just taking a long time (And if they are taking long, they shouldn't)

Last edited:

HarambeLives

Contributor
Updated to U8 and of course rebooted. The last snap took about 4 minutes to show up. That got me wondering, so I checked the time. Its wrong!

Despite the NTP servers being there. I am going to switch to NIST, maybe add some other known good ones

1645822315010.png

HarambeLives

Contributor
Switched to NIST and Google time servers, and everything correct. Switch to freebsd.pool.ntp.org and its off again!

Ditching those permanently

HarambeLives

Contributor
Snapshots instant now, fixed.