Pull Replication not deleting stale snaps (if i use set 2x Sources or more)

SMnasMAN

Contributor
Im running TrueNAS 12.0 u8.1 , it is doing PULL replication from my main/master Freenas 11.3 box (which is remote, via SSH). This part has been working great for over 7 months now.

My 5x PULL replication tasks are each configured the exact same and each is set to run every 30 minutes, but only 2x of them delete snapshots, the other 3x tasks have, incorrectly, never deleted any snaps. you can see the task settings in the image below.

On the 3x tasks that are not deleting snaps at all, i still have snapshots going back to February 2022 (even though the task is set to CUSTOM and SNAPSHOT Lifetime = 5 weeks). I initially properly delete snapshots as defined my settings. There is clearly a bug here as my tasks have the exact same settings (ive even compared them at the CLI level via midclt call replication.query | jq ... just to be 100% sure its not a gui issue).

The best correlation ive been able to find, is that any Replication tasks that have MORE THAN 1x source dataset, will not delete snapshots properly. (no matter what settings you run, snapshots will just pile up, and based on the logs i dont even see an attempt at auto deleting snaps).

my 2x Pull replication tasks that only have 1x source DataSource set (to pull from), do delete snapshots according to what i set in "Snapshot Retention Policy = 4 weeks" All snaps, everywhere, are named properly, ie in the format: "auto-20220530.0100-4w"

is this a bug?
images of what im referring to.

1667334467401.png

this is a related post: