TrueNAS deleted my jails and a recursive snapshot was unable to recover them

mJh78B

Dabbler
I've been messing with my jails a lot today. After shutting one of them down from the UI using the "stop" button, the jails list was suddenly empty. I had one other jail that was not running at the time which also disappeared, so I did not accidentally click "delete" instead of "stop". I went looking for them in the shell immediately afterwards in /mnt/[main data pool]/iocage/jails, and the directory was completely empty. After a restart to see if they'd come back, I tried rolling back a snapshot, as I have daily recursive snapshots being taken of the entire pool. As far as I can tell, the all-important root directory of the jails is a separate dataset, whose snapshots have vanished alongside the jail itself. The deepest down snapshot that still exists is iocage/jails, which just restores empty directories where the jails once were.

Needless to say, this behavior is extremely concerning and I've lost a significant amount of work due to this. Have I done something incredibly stupid, or is this a bug? It would not be the first time I've had issues with the jails/VM UI.

Version: TrueNAS CORE 12.0-U8.1