TrueNAS choosing 1gbit network over 10gbit

Hello, I work at a TV post production company and one of our servers is a TrueNAS at roughly 100TB (two pools), we're running TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1.
We have two interfaces plugged in, one 1gbit and one 1gbit. But most of the time it seems to choose the slower 1gbit one, making work for everyone quite slow when it maxes out its traffic.
The problem is that if we pull the cord, the drives stop being visible to windows(smb) and we can't access the web interface (which we have at 10.0.1.203, the 1gbit one is at 10.0.1.197). Any idea why this would be, and what we could do about it? There's no option in the interface that I can see that lets you disable a connection, only to reset configuration, which I don't know what it does unfortunately (and no I'm no expert, as you might be able to tell already).

Any help would be appreciated.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You need to read this:

You really shouldn't be doing it how you're doing it.

I question the value of having the 1Gbit link at all. (I assume you meant to write 10Gbit at one point).

You need to read this:

You really shouldn't be doing it how you're doing it.

I question the value of having the 1Gbit link at all. (I assume you meant to write 10Gbit at one point).
I agree that having two was a mistake, but now we seem to be stuck with it... that's why we need help.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Unconfigure and unplug the 1G interface and only use the 10G one ... there is no other way to make it work over 10G all the time.

Alright, and how to unconfigure an interface? By the way why do you suppose it disappears in windows and the web interface(even the address to the 10gbit) when I unplug the 1gbit?

sretalla