Transmission random crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

el133

Dabbler
Hi all,

So I've installed FreeNAS. Installed and configured plugins Transmission, CouchPotato and SickRage.
Everything works as it should with permissions and all.

Transmission crashes at random though. The /var/logs/messages does not state anything useful.
When I reboot the jail it works for a short time. Sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 10.
Then the Transmission GUI gives me the message 'Connection failed. Could not connect to server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect.'

I can only get it to work by restarting the jail. Ofcourse I could make a job in the crontab to do this every 5 minutes but that's not really the right way so I thought I ask here for some guidance. :)

el133

Dabbler
Okay. Looks like reinstalling the plugin and assigning the jail another IP address fixed it.

Okay. Looks like reinstalling the plugin and assigning the jail another IP address fixed it.

Something similar just happened to me. I lost my transmission jail (plugin) after trying to install a second one. The two could not work together. I had to delete both and all storage configuration. Reinstall the jail. And yet, it would crash after a few dozen of seconds. After reading this thread, I changed the ip returned by the DHCP server which I had kept the same and restarted the new jail. And ta dam, the started to fonction correctly again.

The ip must be sticking somewhere. Anyway, I hope this comment helps someone one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.