transmission not showing up under plugin after install Beta-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

leprechaun

Cadet
I have a problem after i set up my jail and try to install transmission it says that it installed successfully. But it does not show up in the drop down menu under plugins. If i then go to the control services and go to plugins i can see transmission. But when i try to start it i get the following message: Jun 18 12:36:22 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:413] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.74:80/plugins/transmission/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
I tried to remove the plug in,jail and even tried to reinstall freenas but still no luck. But i could from the shell access the jail and install flexget. I Am using freenas 8.2 Beta 4

SteveEdson

Cadet
I have the same problem, mine happens with all firefly and minidlna as well. Running off a usb stick on a HP Proliant MiniServer.

Keep getting messages like these

Code:
Jun 18 22:31:35 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:413] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.0.3:80/plugins/firefly/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

Any help would be appreciated

cubissimo

Cadet
+1 with this issue

I have this issue too, i have tried by hours but unsuccessfully... anyone have a workaround for this?

All the plugins had been installed but are not displayed on treeview menu.

Thanks! Good luck for us!

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
This is a network issue...

Make sure the IP you set up for the jail is reachable and not in conflict...

ping <jailip> must work from SSH.

cubissimo

Cadet
What the correct Network config for jail?

This is a network issue...

Make sure the IP you set up for the jail is reachable and not in conflict...

ping <jailip> must work from SSH.

Thanks William, its good to see other brazilians guys on this forum!

I need to configure anything else? after the start of jail plugin? some thing like an network bind, bridge, card or something else?

I just configured the ip on the jail configurator popup.

Cya.

talon42

Dabbler
I just had the same problem. It was frustrating. I ended up deleting the jail and redownloading the plugins. The plugins on Sourceforge appear to be the same versions, but the they have a newer timestamp and are a bit large then the ones posted last month. I may have rebooted as well. After reinstalling the jail and plugins a few times, It finally kicked in. Once I was able to get the transmission plugin working, it still wasn't loading the web broswer on port 9091. I had to start and stop the plugin it a few times for it to finally kick in. I'm also having some other plugin errors that I'll mention on a new thread.

leprechaun

Cadet
Found some steps that you need to do before installing plugins that where missing from the wiki. And that is to set the standargateway and DNS server might help someone:) unfortunately this still didn't help me, have tried to reinstall the jail,plug in and rebooted but nothing helps:( anyone that has any other tips of what i should try?

leprechaun

Cadet
kind of solved the problem

found out why the plugins are not working for me "For anyone using x86:
We have found a bug where the x86 plugins have x64 binaries, somehow, a bug in the build it seems.
So, if you're using x86 the plugins won't work."

pidggit

Cadet
I'm having the exact same issue using the same version of FreeNAS (8.2.0 BETA4).

Are the treemenu items supposed to be pulled from the FreeNAS IP, or the Plugins Jail IP? Mines attempting to download them from the FreeNAS ip and failing. Not sure if that's where they're supposed to come from or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.