Transmission issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Ward

Cadet
Hi All, I am really struggling to get this plugin working. I have followed several guides but no matter what I do the only way I can get the thing to work is by setting the download to: folder to /tmp which puts the download within the Jail. I have created a dataset, given user 921 (transmission user) access to it, i can putty on as 921 and create folders, delete folders and create file and delete files so the user has the correct permissions. But when I set the download to: folder to the same location all I get is Error: Permission denied /mnt/freenas_hp1/Mydata/MutliMedia/Torrent/A folder. I am sure this is probably a simple fix but it's got me stumped.

Many thanks in advance.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi All, I am really struggling to get this plugin working. I have followed several guides but no matter what I do the only way I can get the thing to work is by setting the download to: folder to /tmp which puts the download within the Jail. I have created a dataset, given user 921 (transmission user) access to it, i can putty on as 921 and create folders, delete folders and create file and delete files so the user has the correct permissions. But when I set the download to: folder to the same location all I get is Error: Permission denied /mnt/freenas_hp1/Mydata/MutliMedia/Torrent/A folder. I am sure this is probably a simple fix but it's got me stumped.

Many thanks in advance.
Where does your dataset mount in the jail?

Mark Ward

Cadet
For the Jails storage I have
Source :/mnt/freenas_hp1/Mydata/MutliMedia/Torrent
Destination: /media and create directory and mounted Ticked
Then on the Plugin itself
Incomplete Download Dir: /media
Hope that's what you mean ☺one thing I have noticed on the guides I've looked at the plugin doesn't have a download folder option but I can set it via the GUI in the browser.

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
For the Jails storage I have
Source :/mnt/freenas_hp1/Mydata/MutliMedia/Torrent
Destination: /media and create directory and mounted Ticked
Then on the Plugin itself
Incomplete Download Dir: /media
Hope that's what you mean ☺one thing I have noticed on the guides I've looked at the plugin doesn't have a download folder option but I can set it via the GUI in the browser.
your posts are contradicting then. earlier you said permission was denied on /mnt/freenas_hp1/Mydata/MutliMedia/Torrent/ and now you say only /media is available in your jail.

as for the plugin changes, I removed duplicate options that were available in the transmission webui to remove confusion, because before setting them in transmission would get overwritten by freenas.

Mark Ward

Cadet
Hi permissions are denied. When I add a torrent to transmission it starts to download but within seconds I get the error message quoted in my post. I set the /media folder as per the instructions in the guides which is within the jail as far as I know. Are you saying I need to somehow create a link within my jail to my media storage. Coming from windows this is all a bit confusing

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you already did create a link to the dataset by doing the jail storage step.

if you quoted the error properly then you set transmission incorrectly. you should set it to download to /media. the path "/mnt/freenas_hp1/Mydata/MutliMedia/Torrent/" is irrelevant to transmission running inside a jail.

Mark Ward

Cadet
Thanks for the reply and pointers. I will amend the download path in transmission and give it another go

Mark Ward

Cadet
Hi, Just to let you know I have got this working now. What I hadn't realised how the file system links in the O/S and I also am pointing to a CIFS share which reading a bit further can cause issues. I have changed the permissions on the share from a windows machine and given 'everyone' access and now everything is working as expected. Apologies for not mentioning the share to start with and thank you for your patience. I am learning day by day.

Rodrigo Vasquez

Dabbler

Many thanks in advance.
Did you Solve the issue for "Permission denied"??

Status
Not open for further replies.