Folders shared with Transmission have permission errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpgwaiter

Dabbler
I have the Transmission plugin installed in its own jail, and I gave it access to my entire volume so I can download torrents to different directories. The problem is that now anytime I try to rename, delete, or edit files from Windows Explorer (pointing to the CIFS share that Transmission has access to), I get a permission error. It says I need permission from Unix User/921. I've set the permission to 777 in the config of Transmission, I'm not sure what else to do. Any advice?

marcevan

Patron
I had to stop the plugin, make the change in the plugin nav (gui) to set to 777 and renable the plugin.

That will take care of FUTURE downloads.

However you should go to the command line for those folders and do a chmod 777 -R so the folders and files in there get the same treatment as future files.
I believe the plugin defaults to closed permissions and I had the same issue.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
it defaults to 755, from the transmission user (UID 921). but yeah, left panel of the freenas webui is where you should set this, otherwise your changes to the config will be overwritten.

Rpgwaiter

Dabbler
it defaults to 755, from the transmission user (UID 921). but yeah, left panel of the freenas webui is where you should set this, otherwise your changes to the config will be overwritten.
I've already done this, still having the same issue. The left panel is where I changed the permissions at.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I've already done this, still having the same issue. The left panel is where I changed the permissions at.
as @marcevan said, that only effects new files. not the ownership or permission levels of the folders themselves.
you can change that with chmod/own.

Status
Not open for further replies.