Transmission - downloaded content diappear from share once download completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostwolf59

Contributor
Hi,
Transmission have lately started to behave somewhat weird.
What I download nicely shows up in my share but once the torrent completed the content within my share disappears and can only be found in <store>/Jails/transmission_1/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads/

- which now forces me to login via ftp to gain access to what I downloaded

The permission have not changed

Set permission:
transmission's jail /media folder with set permission nobody/nogroup

mapped to <store>/BitTorrent where permission is identical (nobody/nogroup)

Any idea why this happens? - painful being forced to resort to ftp for my completed torrents :(

did notice that transmissions preferences is adding torrents to /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads

perhaps this needs to be set to /media instead ...?

cheers

Ad I suspected - changing he the download path within transmissions profile (web profile) from the /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads to /media it all comes together - not sure why this suddenly failed though -- as it stands I'm pleased with resolving this issue

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi,
Transmission have lately started to behave somewhat weird.
What I download nicely shows up in my share but once the torrent completed the content within my share disappears and can only be found in <store>/Jails/transmission_1/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads/

- which now forces me to login via ftp to gain access to what I downloaded

The permission have not changed

Set permission:
transmission's jail /media folder with set permission nobody/nogroup

mapped to <store>/BitTorrent where permission is identical (nobody/nogroup)

Any idea why this happens? - painful being forced to resort to ftp for my completed torrents :(

did notice that transmissions preferences is adding torrents to /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads

perhaps this needs to be set to /media instead ...?

cheers

Ad I suspected - changing he the download path within transmissions profile (web profile) from the /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads to /media it all comes together - not sure why this suddenly failed though -- as it stands I'm pleased with resolving this issue
I don't understand what you are saying in the last sentence. Was your problem solved or not?

Wiuth current versions of the trransmission plugin, Download location should be set in the transmission settings menu, left panel of the freenas webui. I'll remove this in the next version so that setting it from transmission's own webui always sticks.

ghostwolf59

Contributor
I don't understand what you are saying in the last sentence. Was your problem solved or not?

Wiuth current versions of the trransmission plugin, Download location should be set in the transmission settings menu, left panel of the freenas webui. I'll remove this in the next version so that setting it from transmission's own webui always sticks.

What I tried to say was that the download location i.e /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads reported by the transmission web interface *bottom screen wrench tool, results in that the torrent being downloaded only show up on the mapped jail share while its being downloaded (transmission jail folder = /media, mapped to <store>/BitTorrent share
But keeping this path i.e /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads results in that the content shown on my share (<store>/BitTorrent) disappear once the download completes
I can only find the downloaded torrent within the transmissions jail folder once completed i,e jails/transmission/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads which forces me to ftp into this folder due to otherwise restricted permissions within my jail.

By changing the download location within transmissions web interface from /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads to /media it all works.

The version of transmission used is: Transmission 2.84 (14307)

cheers

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
What I tried to say was that the download location i.e /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads reported by the transmission web interface *bottom screen wrench tool, results in that the torrent being downloaded only show up on the mapped jail share while its being downloaded (transmission jail folder = /media, mapped to <store>/BitTorrent share
But keeping this path i.e /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads results in that the content shown on my share (<store>/BitTorrent) disappear once the download completes
I can only find the downloaded torrent within the transmissions jail folder once completed i,e jails/transmission/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads which forces me to ftp into this folder due to otherwise restricted permissions within my jail.

By changing the download location within transmissions web interface from /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads to /media it all works.

cheers
Sorry, I still don't understand if you have an issue or if it was solved.

EDIT
Nevermind, you marked the thread solved, lol.

Michael Sparks

Explorer

cheers

Dont ask me how this magically happened to me, but it did. Your solution was the only thing that worked. I spent hours trying to fix this, reinstalled multiple times, changing permission/owner, nothing was working, until I found this. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.