FN11.2 - Transmission Plugin - Set Destination Folder Permanently

LimeCrusher

Explorer
Hi,

I have installed Transmission 2.94_3 through the GUI as a plugin on my FN11.2 and I fail to permanently change the download destination folder.

I have created a mount point with:
  • /mnt/mypool/downloads as source.
  • /mnt/mypool/iocage/jails/transmission/root/mnt/downloads as destination.
The source folder has "nobody" as user, "nogroup" as group and others have write permission (I went for the quick'n lazy permission setup to start). Through Transmission's WebGUI I can change the destination folder to /mnt/downloads in the jail but this setting does not survive a plugin/jail restart. I also modified the Transmission's configuration file (precisely /mnt/mypool/iocage/jails/transmission/root/usr/local/etc/transmission/home/settings.json) while the plugin/jail as down but the value of "download-dir" is set back to "/usr/local/etc/transmission/home/Downloads" after a plugin/jail restart while all my other settings survive the restart.

Of course, changing the destination folder manually through the WebGUI works: files are downloaded properly (and written) to the source folder of the mount point.
What am I doing wrong folks?

Nvious1

Explorer
In your jail of the plugin, set this variable with your sysrc command.

sysrc transmission_download_dir="/mnt/downloads"

LimeCrusher

Explorer
In your jail of the plugin, set this variable with your sysrc command.
sysrc transmission_download_dir="/mnt/downloads"
Sweet Lord Jesus Christ man! It worked!

Where could I have actually found that information? I never saw that mentioned anywhere in my research.

Last edited: