Transmission permission denied for new folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Prince

Explorer
Hi,
after the last update of transmission I've this problem: when transmission downloads a torrent (in the download folder /media/download setted as "-R 777") inside a new automatic folder, I'm not able to manage (delete etc) this new folder or the file just downloaded inside it (permission denied).
I need to set each time this new folder as "-R 777" from the command line to be able to manage it.

Why this? How can I solve this permission problem?

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi,
after the last update of transmission I've this problem: when transmission downloads a torrent (in the download folder /media/download setted as "-R 777") inside a new automatic folder, I'm not able to manage (delete etc) this new folder or the file just downloaded inside it (permission denied).
I need to set each time this new folder as "-R 777" from the command line to be able to manage it.

Why this? How can I solve this permission problem?

Thanks
Please what method you are not able to edit the file through CIFS / NFS / SFTP?

Setting the folder permissions to 777 recursively doesn't matter, transmission sets file permissions based on it's umask setting. If you want file to end up writeable by all users change the permission setting in the transmission menu, in the plugins section, in the left panel of the FreeNAS WebUI.

Mr Prince

Explorer
Please what method you are not able to edit the file through CIFS / NFS / SFTP?

Setting the folder permissions to 777 recursively doesn't matter, transmission sets file permissions based on it's umask setting. If you want file to end up writeable by all users change the permission setting in the transmission menu, in the plugins section, in the left panel of the FreeNAS WebUI.

I tried to delete the subfolder with sftp afp smb with the same permission problem.
The permission setting you said is that named "downloaded permission"?? The last one in the setting panel?

Pjc7vpB.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I tried to delete the subfolder with sftp afp smb with the same permission problem.
The permission setting you said is that named "downloaded permission"?? The last one in the setting panel?

Pjc7vpB.png
yes, that controls what permissions transmission writes files as.

HeyRicardo

Cadet
You also may need to set security permissions windows-side, right click the folder in your share and give full control to Everyone account, from security tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.