Transmission jail storage not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmck26

Dabbler
Hello everyone,

I seem to be having a strange problem with transmission recently. The plugin does not places downloaded files into the folders that I've set as storage for the jail and it doesn't read the watch folder. A few weeks ago, I changed some permissions on one of the folders transmission was linked to and it messed the whole thing up so I decided to do delete the old plugin, the storage for the jail, and start over. I was on 9.2.1.8 at the time. I've since updated to 9.3 but the issue still persists.

I have created a dataset on my main volume labeled Transmission with 2 folders, one for Downloads and one for Torrent files. I set the share type as windows and the permissions as windows: nobody/nogroup since I'm the only person on this network and my main volume is already setup as a CIFS share. I set the jail storage source as the Transmission dataset and the destination as /media. I set the watch directory as Torrents and the download directory as Downloads from the Transmisson plugin menu, then turned the plugin on. When I download a torrent file nothing happens. So, tried adding a it manually by browsing to the file and that works. The torrent starts to download and everything goes fine, no stops or error, but the file doesn't show up in the Transmission/Downloads folder on the main volume. When I right click on the torrent from the Transmission Remote GUI and click "Open containing folder" I get a message saying "Unable to find path mapping. Use the application's options to setup path mappings."

Now, if I move to the /media folder in the transmission_1 jail I see the Downloads and Torrents folders from the Transmission dataset source on my main volume and the files I downloaded are in the /media/Downloads folder in the jail. I have no idea what has caused this to happen but it is persistent. I've deleted the plugin and re-installed it several times and it does the same thing every time. I would appreciate any help figuring out what is going wrong. I don't know that much about setting permissions since this a one user set up so that could be the problem.

Thanks,

Update: So, I've updated the permissions and added my windows user to connect to my CIFS shares instead of using nobody/nogroup. I've also added a transmission user with UID:GID of 921 and assigning it to my Transmission dataset but I'm still having the same problem.

Attachments

• upload_2014-12-14_19-4-47.png
    upload_2014-12-14_19-4-47.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

Bmck26

Dabbler
Yes, I got it working a day or so ago. I deleted the Transmission/Downloads and Transmission/Torrents data sets and set the Transmission data set permissions as nobody/nogroup. I then created the Downloads and Torrents folders from the CIFS share in windows explorer and re-installed the plugin and set it up. Everything works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.