Transmission: drop down menus for download/watch/config directories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eqisow

Cadet
I was trying to configure Transmission in the GUI and saw that the only options for your download/watch/config directories are two predefined directories and whatever mount points you have. You cannot, for some reason, input custom directories for this.

My question is, why not? My setup looks like this: a ZFS dataset mounted under /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/mnt with subfolders called download, watch, and config. However, for each option I can only select /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/mnt and none of the subdirectories it contains. As far as I can tell, the "solution" here is to have separate ZFS datasets and mount points for each of these subfolders, but this seems like an extra complication that should be unnecessary. There is no reason I can think of to require it.

So, is there a reason? More importantly, is it at all possible to input a custom string here, even if I need to use the shell to do so?

eqisow

Cadet
Fair enough! I just had a moment of, "Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Maybe there's something I'm missing?"

For anyone else tinkering, I ended up changing edit.html in the plugin directory to get a custom directories working.

Status
Not open for further replies.