Transmission - Downloaded content does not transfer to the Source folder

ric

Contributor
Upgraded my Freenas system to 11.2. I found out Transmission mount point folder and the Plugins both disappear so I had to reinstall everything from scratch.

After successfully installed Transmission, I went to Jails> Mount Points, I noticed that the Destination folder/path is not the same as before. From the old version of Freenas the Destination folder it was "/media" only but once I click Destination folder and select media from the drop down menu then I see the following "/mnt/tank/iocage/jails/transmission/root/media".

Activated Pool for jail Manager: tank

Please see attached screenshot.

Attachments

• transmission_jail_new.PNG
    transmission_jail_new.PNG
    91.3 KB · Views: 371

Nvious1

Explorer
Did you look in the legacy webgui for your old jails after the upgrade? The new gui only sees ones managed under iocage.

Now regarding your mount point, this is just how its listed. In your case, /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/transmission/root/media is really just /media inside the transmission jail. If you shell into the jail, and ls -al / you will see /media there.

If you manage your mounts via the iocage command line you add one like this if you makes you feel like you are going to get the correct mount point. You can also do this in uptime versus the gui wants you to shutdown the jail.

iocage fstab -a <jailname> /mnt/tank/media /media nullfs rw 0 0

In the end, you the gui is showing you what is really being done to provide a dataset mount inside the jail. Its really mounting one filesystem over another path in a different dataset. That is why NULLFS is used so that its inheriting the existing filesystem.

ric

Contributor
It works! Thanks Nvious1..

iocage fstab -a <jailname> /mnt/tank/media /media nullfs rw 0 0