transmission download to smb share

Status
Not open for further replies.

leprechaun

Cadet
Hi
I have installed transmission as it is now i downloads to a folder inside the jail. What i am trying to do is to get it to download to an smb share outside the jail. I set the path to the download like this: smb://mnt/mysare/downloads/
It starts downloading but after 3% it stops and says permission denied. Anyone that has the same problem or has any tips on how to fix it?

Hi-Liter

Explorer
I guess you have to create a mount-point (http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins#Mount_Points) and have to chmod the target dir (outside the jail) with 777 (since I guess you can't assign read/write permissions for users from the jail outside the jail).

Update: This does not work, the downloaded files are owned by "40001" (user transmission from jail).

How do you properly assign rw permissions for mount-points??

pomah

Explorer
I'm cheating and letting cron do a "chmod -R 777 /share/name/here", that solves it for me, It's doing it every 10 minutes so I'm will most likely not have any issues. Not the best solution but it works for now.

leprechaun

Cadet
I'm cheating and letting cron do a "chmod -R 777 /share/name/here", that solves it for me, It's doing it every 10 minutes so I'm will most likely not have any issues. Not the best solution but it works for now.
How exactly did you do? I tried to run "chmod -R 777 /share/name/files_location"
but when transmission tries to start again it gets "data can't be found"

pomah

Explorer
As I described above, I have not noticed any weird behaviour from Transmission, downloading two files now (they have been on for almost 20 minutes) and no issues so far.

Hi-Liter

Explorer
How exactly did you do? I tried to run "chmod -R 777 /share/name/files_location"
but when transmission tries to start again it gets "data can't be found"
You do know that you have to replace "/share/name/files_location" with the actual path to the directory where the downloaded files should be stored on your system, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.