Transmission custom folders and Transmission remote GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunhead

Dabbler
Hello everybody

I just installed my freeNAS and all is working well big thanks to developers and supporting community!

However I have a few issues with transmission plug in. Sorry if I am asking something obvious but I searched the forum and I found nothing about this. So here it goes:

fist, I can't access transmission plug in using Transmission remote GUI which is a bummer because while using a tablet or a phone it's MUCH easier to manage torrents with a remote GUI. I put in IP and port and that should do it. It works like a charm with my Popcorn Hour but not at all with freeNAS. I set up my freeNAS to work with anonymous user and accessing Transmission from any browser works fine but there is no way I can make it work with Remote GUI. Maybe the issue is related with the Jail and the path to download folder? The error I get while trying to access Transmission from Remote GUI is "401 Unauthorized user". But using the same machine I can access Transmission from the Web Interface!

second, is there a way to tell Transmission to download in custom folders? I would really like to have music into Music folder, software into Software folder and so on but there is nothing of the sort in the Web Interface. That brings me back to Transmission Remote GUI which has a Paths tab where you can define custom paths.
Having EVERYTHING dropped into a Downloads folder can be very messy, especially when you have lots of stuff.

VoodooFX

Dabbler
This worked for me.
Enable user authentication on FreeNAS/Transmission side and enter a desired username and password.
Turn off/Turn on Transmission plugin.

I spent two days trying various remote GUIs and couldn't connect on any of them - getting the same 401 unauthorised access error as you. But once I've enabled authentication on FreeNAS/Transmission, it all started working for me using Transmission Remote dotnet, but others would probably work as well.

As for your other question. No idea if it's doable or not, since I too am looking for a way to download each torrent into a custom folder of my choosing, rather than one single download folder.

If you or anyone else finds out/knows the way, please help this lost soul.

Gunhead

Dabbler
yeah that did it, now I can use remote GUI! Thank you for the tip!!! For others trying this, remember you need to restart Transmission plug in after setting up user and password.

Now if only I could find a way to organize downloads folder..

Status
Not open for further replies.