transmission-remote or other way to control Transmission via console

dun

Cadet
There was transmission-remote to change the settings of the current running Transmission, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore.
Code:
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'transmission-remote' have been found in the repositories

Is there a possibility to control Transmission over the console?

Last edited:

Alecmascot

Guru
There is a Transmission Remote GUI to install on a client pC or w.h.y.

dun

Cadet
There is a Transmission Remote GUI to install on a client pC or w.h.y.

That's not what I'm searching for. I'm searching for a command line tool that allows me to change the settings of the current running instance of Transmission inside the jail. The reason is I need to change the peer port of Transmission dynamically with a shell script. There is transmission-daemon and transmission-cli, but both are not suitable for my needs because they try to start a new instance instead of altering the current one.

Grinas

Contributor
what release are you using, im using 11.3-RELEASE-p9 and transmission-remote is in the repos.

Code:
[root@jail ~]# pkg search transmission-remote
transmission-remote-gui-gtk2-5.18.0_2 Remote GUI for transmission daemon
transmission-remote-gui-qt5-5.18.0_2 Remote GUI for transmission daemon

dun

Cadet
what release are you using, im using 11.3-RELEASE-p9 and transmission-remote is in the repos.

Code:
[root@jail ~]# pkg search transmission-remote
transmission-remote-gui-gtk2-5.18.0_2 Remote GUI for transmission daemon
transmission-remote-gui-qt5-5.18.0_2 Remote GUI for transmission daemon

I'm also on 11.3-RELEASE-p9.
That's sadly not the package I'm searching for. I'm searching for the command line tool transmission-remote. A user was utilizing it in a script a year ago, to use port forwarding with PIA VPN. Apparently he was on 11.2.

I now notice that this package seems only be present in ports if you go through the FreeBSD man pages. But I'm not sure if I'm using ports correctly. I used portsnap to extract the source files to /usr/ports, but I can't find transmission-remote in there. All I can find in there are these packages =/

Code:
/usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-daemon
/usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-remote-gui
/usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission
/usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-gtk
/usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-qt
/usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-cli
/usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-cli/files/transmission.in
/usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-utils
/usr/ports/www/transmission-web

dun

Cadet
It's in transmission-utils. I should have immediately looked on page 2 on Google. "transmission-remote" freebsd is really not a good search term :>