Tranmission Jail and permissions

veldthui

Dabbler
I have Transmission set up under 11.3RC1 and it was working perfectly.
Now however it is setting the /media folder permissions as 700 and thus only the owner can access it. I have a mount point to this folder with a windows share to it.

No matter what I do I cannot get the access to be 770 which is owner/group access. The login I use to access the folder belongs to the group.

Can anyone suggest what I need to do to get the permissions set correctly. If I set them manually via SCP they stay correct. Just when they are created they get the wrong permissions.

artlessknave

Wizard
uh. did you change the create permissions settings? all new files and folders should follow whatever that is set to. i believe there may be a few places to check, but I don't know them offhand.

veldthui

Dabbler
I have looked in as many places as I can find and can't see any issues. The owner/group of the /media directory in the jail is admin/transmission yet only the owner permissions are set. Only place in Freenas I can see to set the permissions is the sharing and mount point. Using WinSCP I can see the permissions are set correctly on the folder for owner/group.
Not sure what has happened as it was all working fine 4 days ago.