Tester wanted: Does the Python-based UPnP/DLNA server work on your devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

After TVs get more and more powerful since 2012 I'm currently developing an Open Source software based on Python. It should not only be a UPnP/DLNA server but I would like to stream (in the future) the whole MediaCenter interface to the TV's browser. Therefore a PC would no longer be needed in the living room to access the media in the local network. Of course control of UPnP devices are possible with mobile devices as well as the device's input elements.

Currently I'm seeking for feedback. I'm looking for devices where the software works, problems exist or maybe special attention is needed. The software itself and a user guide is available on the web page. Based on your feedback both are still in development and surely could be better for installation.

Whoever seeks for an challange and wants to try something new I would invite to give it a try. Currently NAS devices are not supported platforms but that's something I would like to change. Who don't want to use an e-mail address for registration might want to use a Google account. Otherwise you can find a contact form under "Legal Disclosure".

Thanks in advance
Tobias

PS.: Recommended is a installation under Linux with Python >=2.7, SQLAlchemy >=0.8, pyinotify und GStreamer>=1.0 including the Python bindings for GObject Introspection. The software has been tested under Microsoft Windows Vista as well. The firewall will pop-up on first execution of Python.

Beside the integrated SQLite3 database PostgreSQL is supported.

PPS.: In the future I would like to support NAS devices as well. Of course not all devices have enough power for that use. I currently raise money on an Indiegogo campaign to finance such a device for development purposes. It's not a FreeNAS based one but this is no statement about running the possibility to run the software on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.