System Warning after upgrading to 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfox

Explorer
Quick question, I have the following warning after upgrading to 9.3.

WARNING: New feature flags are available for volume FreeNAS. Refer to the "Upgrading a ZFS Pool" section of the User Guide for instructions.

I have looked for the 'Upgrading a ZFS Pool' section in the user guide but cannot spot it. I am assuming it just wants me to click the upgrade button on the volume options, I just would like some confirmation of this from you guys before I go blindly pressing buttons :)

Many thanks!

joeschmuck

Old Man
If you have no intentions of ever reverting to FreeNAS 9.2.1.x then you can do the pool upgrade, or you could just uncheck the mark for that alert. Here is the user manual page.

My advice, do not upgrade your pool until you are 100% certain you will not go backwards to 9.2.1.x.

Skyfox

Explorer
That page has a rubbish search! Even searching for ZFS reveals zero hits! Thank you for the link. :)

Pretty sure I'm not gonna go back to 9.2, however, seeing as it's not a serious issue, I will just leave it for the moment.

Thanks again!

joeschmuck

Old Man
The search engines are not great, I agree.

The additional flags with the pool upgrade will likely do nothing for you performance wise. I'm going to wait at least 1 month just in case I find out there is some hidden issue, could be compatibility with my hardware, or there is a personal preference reason, but I doubt it would be a bug issue that forced me away.

Status
Not open for further replies.