Warning message after upgrading of 11.1-U4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo444

Explorer
Hi,

I've just finished upgrading FreeNAS from 9.10 to 11.1-U4, but I've gotten warning message as follows.

"New feature flags are available for volume Data. Refer to the "Upgrading a ZFS Pool" section of the User Guide for instructions."

I've tried to search for this documents, but I've not found yet. Also, please let me know if I need to upgrade ZFS Pool or I can ignore the warning message?

upload_2018-3-28_6-38-0.png

Regards,

Last edited:

bravo444

Explorer
Thanks for your information. As long as I read the article, newer pool is not required to upgrade.
The article says like "It is not necessary to upgrade the pool unless newer ZFS feature flags are required. "
Actually, warning message says that New feature flags are available for volume Data. It doesn't say like "Required". In this case, I can ignore newer zfs pool upgrading right? However, I need to see "Warning signal" at top of the right side always.. How can I change yellow to green?

wblock

Documentation Engineer
The article says like "It is not necessary to upgrade the pool unless newer ZFS feature flags are required. "
Actually, warning message says that New feature flags are available for volume Data. It doesn't say like "Required".
The user guide is saying it is not necessary to upgrade the pool unless you have a requirement for newer feature flags.
The alert is just a notification that the pool can be upgraded. That could be handled better. It is just informational.

Status
Not open for further replies.