Switch nightly train to stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroji

Contributor
I had switched to the nightly train for testing when it was available, but since RC1 came out, I was not able to switch back. Although the command in the announcement thread allowed me to run the update to RC1 from CLI. However, in the web UI, it still shows I am in the nightly train and that there is an update available. Is there a way to change this? Without fiddling with the config db.

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
You could change it through the GUI, Stable is probably installed your system is probably just trying to boot to the nightlies install instead. Under System > Boot, you should see all the installs and be able to pick which ones to keep or delete. Make sure the one you want is marked active.

eroji

Contributor
You could change it through the GUI, Stable is probably installed your system is probably just trying to boot to the nightlies install instead. Under System > Boot, you should see all the installs and be able to pick which ones to keep or delete. Make sure the one you want is marked active.

I checked and I am booted with FreeNAS-11-MASTER-201705050409 (8273773). I assumed this is the build for RC1. However, under Updates section, it shows I am still on Nightly train. Attempting to change it just gives these same error saying it's considered a downgrade and is disallowed.

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
Like booting the actual machine when the GRUB post comes up to select install version, do you see your old version? Worse case scenario you just reinstall and use the config from the original setup, which should still be available given the boot drive was never formatted.

Status
Not open for further replies.