Supported NIC doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobby540

Cadet
I'm attempting to use an Intel Gb NIC that according to the freeBSD hardware support list is supported, however my NAS (FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201603252134 (412fb1c) ) doesn't seem to recognize it no matter what I do.

I'm using:
  • Foxconn MCP73M02H1 motherboard
  • Intel core 2 Duo processor E6300
  • a RAID card ( with no hardware raid setup on it) to connect to 2x 2TB WD red hdds
  • the network card in question is an Intel EXPI9301CTBLK based on the "supported" 82574 ic chip
  • 4GB non ECC RAM (samsung pc2-6400)
When I put the Intel network card into my desktop it works beautifully with no further intervention from me, speeds are 30.29 down and 27.04 up. The link lights in the NAS light up but the screen either uses the embedded NIC or if that isn't plugged in says no configurable interfaces found. Attempting to manually set up the NIC from the console doesn't show up with any other interfaces excluding the embedded. The only things that show up in console when using the ifconfig command are nfe0 and lo0 (embedded and loopback respectively).

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Your hardware doesn't meet the minimum requirements for FreeNAS, sorry. Please review the hardware requirements section of the manual and select more appropriate hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.