After replacing NIC, No configured interfaces were found. Try to do it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawndewet

Dabbler
My embedded NIC has failed, and I have now disabled it in the BIOS, and have installed a PCIe NIC instead.

When I boot up, I get the message at the Console setup screen: No configured interfaces were found. Try to do it manually.

ifconfig shows the interface listed as re0 (romeo echo zero).

When I select option 1 from the Console Setup menu, it lists re0 as an interface to work with. I select Reset configuration. And I am again presented with the same message at the Console Setup screen.

EDIT: During the boot up process, I even see an entry that the re0 link state changed to UP. And the lights on the hub it is connected to come on (though they indicate a 100mbps connection and not a 1000mbps connection, - not sure if that's related)

Please advise what I am missing?

Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
re0 is the realtek driver, I believe. That's not a very good NIC, but, it should "work" for the time being.

In order to "configure" the interface, you'll have to set it for DHCP, or you will have to enter the proper static information. Perhaps you didn't do that?

shawndewet

Dabbler
how do I set it for DHCP?

shawndewet

Dabbler
mmm ok this is weird. I just went through the Configure process again, and this time it restarted the network, and connected to the network and I was able to access the web UI.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The network configuration stuff can be a bit...curmudgeony. Are you all straight then with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.