SSH & SSL Warnings after upgrade

IanBa

Cadet
I recently updated to the latest stable build, and went to SSH via Putty and received an ominous warning - WARNING - POTENTIAL SECURITY BREACH ‘The server's host key does not match the one PuTTY has cached in the registry’, means that PuTTY has connected to the SSH server before, knows what its host key should be, but has found a different one.

I then went to Firefox to login and check on the key and found that there is no SSL cert for my FreeNAS at all. There used to be. When I go to view cert info, I get the following:

Something went wrong.
We were unable to find the certificate information, or the certificate is corrupted. Please try again.

----------------------

This is my home network/testbed. I probably shouldn't be too concerned, and yet I'm reluctant to accept the risk and login via either SSH or HTTPS.

I can be accused of not paying that close of attention, I'll accept that! I'm not even sure which version I upgraded to, just the latest update that was available when I logged in this morning.

Do I have any reason to be concerned? Does this just happen sometimes? It is not accessible outside of my network, I've no ports open that should be able to reach the system, yet it's quite unnerving.

IanBa

Cadet
EDIT - the update was the latest stable 11.3 update - was able to ascertain that in looking through my freenas alerts.

IanBa

Cadet
Was able to get to the console via idrac - according to /etc/motd the version is 11.3-RELEASE-p9..

danb35

Hall of Famer
Does this just happen sometimes?
You're not the first person to report this with the -U3.1 update, but it certainly isn't universal (neither of those issues happened for me). I'd recommend filing a bug and uploading a debug file, with hopes that the devs can see in there what happened.

IanBa

Cadet
Thanks danb35! I'll go ahead and do that. If I can gather any additional info that might help the next person, I'll post it here. The warnings definitely get one's attention ;)

danb35

Hall of Famer
If I can gather any additional info that might help the next person, I'll post it here.
A link to the ticket would be good, once you file it.