Problem with uploading SSL certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed FreeNAS 9.2.1.8. I want to replace the self-signed default SSL certificate with my own cert and key.

When I visit the settings page and try to paste in my key and cert, I get this warning message in red:

You can either enter details to internally create a certificate
Or You can copy paste your existing keypair and certificate
into the 'ssl_certfile' filed. BUT NOT BOTH!

If I navigate away from the "settings" page and then back, the new certificate was not correctly saved and I see the default self-signed certificate in place.

Here is what my key and cert look like concatenated together:

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
MIIEogIBAAKCAQEAkN/5kmQRLMa20DznrwEpJRpSCQKJPnxU0+ViXILY+2OnqJUo
//4QDkKCiJ1AthJUdW2B1PjYm7xAVvxuy/AM6mvMbI8GTsHDEoA=
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIEszCCA5ugAwIBAgISESGv1ls/DlUi38TqxA5UzA4QMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBQUA
B8vVGPcvS69RBjP4r1p9PBNSazQrnU+/Gu+eHEatx8d1ROapu2N20jGfxdzflvnb
Li4BICqF/w==
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

pjc

Contributor
I was poking at this the other day and found some strange behavior as well. I hadn't quite replicated my issues sufficiently to create a bug report, but since you asked:

1) Either the passphrase doesn't work with a pasted private key, or it doesn't like this format:
Code:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED
DEK-Info: DES-EDE3-CBC,93A5E0BD67C90744.

2) Sometimes clicking "save" doesn't have any effect. Eventually I discovered that a green overlay appears saying that the SSL settings were applied when it does work. And then I had trouble reproducing the problem.

Incidentally, it seems like you should really be doing "/usr/sbin/nginx -s reload" after the settings are updated. It didn't serve the new cert until I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.