SSH logs in, but permission denied to copy files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matticus

Cadet
SSH is on and setup correctly with a few users with full access (all 9 boxes are checked on the user settings at this point). My family uses Swish to SSH into my NAS and pull pictures of our daughter off. My dad called me this morning and said that he was able to log in to the NAS with the password and could see all the files, but when he tried to copy a file it told him Permission was denied on that r any file.

I gave him my user profile to add as another SSH profile in Swish and that did the same thing. I logged in via Swish using both my user profile and his and it let me copy files to my desktop, no error message. I'm on the same network, but going through swish should call out to the DNS host and come back into my NAS.

What would change between my login to Swish and his?

UPDATE: I also tried it on my phone (off the wifi, on a LTE connection) and it let me download a file to my phone.

D

dlavigne

What is the home directory setting for the user accounts that have permission errors? Changing it to the volume/dataset being shared should fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.