Sonarr Connection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRobi

Explorer
I've started having issues with Sonarr connecting to just about everything.

It started with "Indexers unavailable due to failures" initially just for OZNzb. When this happened, I would then go Settings, Indexers, OZNzb and click test. It would connect and everything would be fine for around 24hrs until I would get the same error message. Eventually I started getting the same error messages for NZB.is, NZBGeek, KAT, Rarbg... just about every indexer I'd have setup. Every time the same procedure of testing the connection would clear the problem up for about a 24hr period.

Soon after, I started having errors with Sonarr connecting with SABnzbd. It would trigger the download with no problems, complete the download, move the file, rename, do everything it needed to do. But everything downloaded via SAB stays active in the Activity Queue and I have to go in and manually remove each item 1 by 1.

Starting last week I noticed it no longer triggering Emby to update it's library after completing download. Trying to run a test connection to Emby I get an error message "Unable to send test message: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection timed out)" OR "Unable to send test message: Error: ConnectFailure (Host is down): Error: ConnectFailure (Host is down)". It was working all along, no settings were changed with either, it just can no longer connect to it.

Checking my log today, it is filled with pages and pages of "Couldn't download media cover for [247808][Suits]. The request timed out"

When I first set this up everything worked flawlessly. To date I have tried:
Restart freenas box
Restart plugin
Restart jail
Uninstall and re-install plugin into the same jail and a different jail

I've also setup Sonarr on 2 windows boxes using the exact same settings and neither have shown a single connection error except recently KAT which is to be expected. I am also referencing SABnzbd and Emby on my freenas box from these 2 windows boxes so I know the issue is not related to either of those plugins.

I don't know where to look next for this. Any suggestions?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
maybe ask on the sonarr forum, and post your sonarr log there

IronRobi

Explorer
maybe ask on the sonarr forum, and post your sonarr log there
As I mentioned, I believe this error to be freenas related not sonarr related. Sonarr setup on 2 windows boxes using the exact settings connect with no issues. Only on freenas am I having connection issues. It will not even connect to emby running on the same freenas box. It's almost as if ports are being blocked in this specific jail

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
can you fetch relevant URLs from the sonarr jail's commandline? this would show any DNS/routing issues.

IronRobi

Explorer
can you fetch relevant URLs from the sonarr jail's commandline? this would show any DNS/routing issues.
I attempted to ping the emby jail from the sonarr jail's shell and get the error "ping: sendto: Host is down"

From the sonarr jail I can ping the sab jail, transmission jail and all other jails on the system.

From the emby jail I can ping all jails on the system EXCEPT the sonarr jail

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sounds like this isn't an issue with the plugin. but with the jails networking

IronRobi

Explorer
sounds like this isn't an issue with the plugin. but with the jails networking
Kind of what I was thinking, that it's something blocking connections somewhere. I just don't know where/how to start looking at networking settings within a specific jail. I'm still new to freenas coming over from a qnap.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
on the jails tab, in the freenas webui you can set the network settings for every jail

IronRobi

Explorer
on the jails tab, in the freenas webui you can set the network settings for every jail
With the exception of the IPv4 address and the mac address of course, all settings are the same on all jails. Which is ipv4 netmask /24 (255.255.255.0), Auto Start selected, vimage selected, sysctls: "allow.raw_sockets=true", everything else blank

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
not sure what it could be. I always disable VIMAGE and assign my jails to an interface. if you try that, make sure to restart the jail

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
take a screen shot of your jail networking page and your freenas networking page and post it here.

IronRobi

Explorer
not sure what it could be. I always disable VIMAGE and assign my jails to an interface. if you try that, make sure to restart the jail
Just an update for future searches...

I disabled VIMAGE on my sonarr jail and right away it connected to Emby again and all indexers. So I thought great, problem solved. Went back the next day and nothing from the previous day had downloaded. So I pulled up Sonarr and saw there were connection issues with transmission and sabnzbd. So I went in and disabled vimage on ALL jails and everything has been working flawlessly for nearly a month now. I also tested all connections with couchpotato and headphones and everything is working there as well. So it appears vimage was the issue.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
naw the issues was not setting up the jail's networking correctly. I think you didn't have a default gateway configured. Removing the vmimage just make it so you use the host OS's networking stack.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
naw the issues was not setting up the jail's networking correctly. I think you didn't have a default gateway configured. Removing the vmimage just make it so you use the host OS's networking stack.
I disagree, in my experience VIMAGE causes issues with certain systems regardless of setting things up properly.

I have a default gateway configured, and my jails are assigned proper IPs but jails networking never work for me until I disable VIMAGE. I test this constantly because I create new jails every time I test a PBI that I build. I believe this is related to me having 2 interfaces configured, which go to different networks.

joshr4

Cadet
Thank you thank you thank you! My sonarr install has been agonizingly slow for months, I was about to move it to a dedicated sonarr Rpi...

Disabling VIMAGE is like night and day for sonarr loading times now. Loading times with VIMAGE enabled was 10-30 seconds of waiting for each page to load. Every time I would check my indexers, they would be unavailable until I did a test connection.

This solved all of my problems! Would like to know more about the details and why/how VIMAGE is to blame. I believe its enabled on my other jails and they dont seem to have any issue.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thank you thank you thank you! My sonarr install has been agonizingly slow for months, I was about to move it to a dedicated sonarr Rpi...

Disabling VIMAGE is like night and day for sonarr loading times now. Loading times with VIMAGE enabled was 10-30 seconds of waiting for each page to load. Every time I would check my indexers, they would be unavailable until I did a test connection.

This solved all of my problems! Would like to know more about the details and why/how VIMAGE is to blame. I believe its enabled on my other jails and they dont seem to have any issue.
I don't know why VIMAGE screws things up, but glad this worked for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.