Sonarr botching file permissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmgmr2

Cadet
Hello, I recently installed SAB & Sonarr inside a jail on my FreeNAS 9.10 system, using both pbi plugins inside a single jail. I got everything going ok, but after post-processing, I try to delete/move the file on my Windows computer via the CIFS share service in freenas, and I get an error:

"You need permission to perform this action
You require permission from Unix User\816 to make changes to this file"

I normally have no problem creating/moving/deleting files on my CIFS
share on my windows computer, but for the files that SAB/Sonarr created, I'm unable to do
anything with (besides view them). Thanks for any help.

pmgmr2

Cadet
Should I change the userID that the CIFS service uses to 816? How would I do that?

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
after post-processing, I try to delete/move the file
You shouldn't have to do this manually. With the various media apps properly configured, it should be automatic.

How are your shares set up? Do you use a different share for media than for other access? If not, you should consider reorganizing your storage and sharing.
Should I change the userID that the CIFS service uses to 816?
You would create a user with that ID, then connect to the media share with that user's credentials.

pmgmr2

Cadet
I have the CIFS service setup in freenas with guest account "nobody" and "allow empty password" is on.

When I go into Freenas-->Account-->Users, "nobody" has User ID 65534. There doesn't appear to be any User with the User ID 816. How can that be?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have the CIFS service setup in freenas with guest account "nobody" and "allow empty password" is on.

When I go into Freenas-->Account-->Users, "nobody" has User ID 65534. There doesn't appear to be any User with the User ID 816. How can that be?
the freenas host, and each jail maintain their own user and group database.

A solution I have implemented before is...
* create the user, with the same UID, in freenas
* use the Auxiliary Parameters "force user = media"

pmgmr2

Cadet
Thank you for your reply; I actually remember following your guide to setting up jails from years ago (before plugins made it much easier!).

Anyway, I actually think I solved my problem, though I'm not exactly sure why it works. In Sonarr's post-processing section, there is an section to set permissions. I set the "File chmod mask = 0777" the "folder chmod mask = 0755" and "chown User = nobody".....I basically tried to set everything to match how it was in the main Freenas program (even though I know the jail is totally separate) and now it works. -=shrugs=-

I am still having a problem with Mylar being unable to create directories for new comics, but I will start another thread for that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.