Something Subtle Breaks in ACLs after upgrade from 8.02 to 8.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

furicle

Dabbler
I've been bashing this around for a while. I had a nice working 8.02 box joined to the domain and working fine.
I had some trouble (own stupidity) upgrading to 8.04 but even after I sorted that out I was still having permissions issues.

I've since taken another box, did a fresh 8.02 install, confirmed working and then upgraded to 8.04 and had it break the same way.

To reproduce, create new 8.02 FreeNAS, join to AD, create CIFS share and copy some stuff into a folder.
Then try to copy both the files and permissions back.

e.g. on any PC in domain
Code:
 robocopy \\freenas\share\ C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\test /copyall /mir /fft /r:1 /w:1 /v

Will work fine.

Now upgrade box to 8.04 changing nothing else[\b] and repeat, and you get
Code:
2012/06/20 16:18:14 ERROR 5 (0x00000005) Copying NTFS Security to Destination Directory 
Access is denied.

The other visual clue is the Administrator user's icon will have red X attached only when looking at the FreeNAS share
iconWithX.png

I'm at a loss what to do next - if I clean install the box using 8.04 will it work? I'd have to re set up all the other things I have on it like a half dozen Time Machine shares and users which I'd rather not do.
But staying back at 8.02 isn't a good idea either.

Anybody have a clue how to fix it 'in place'? The permissions look right to me, even though they don't work.

ProtoSD

MVP
Can you open a ticket at support.freenas.org ?

Tickets have a lot better chance of being seen and resolved.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this! :)

furicle

Dabbler
Well, I took it one step further and did a new install of 8.04 on the test rig and imported the zfs volume.

Robocopy of permissions still fails, even on a new dataset with new files and folders in it.

I'm reasonably convinced the problem is 8.04 not the upgrade process.

I'll dump what I know into a support ticket I guess.

furicle

Dabbler
I've updated the support ticket - I wonder if I can copy settings from 8.2 back into 8.02...

Status
Not open for further replies.