Something is wrong with my system network please help

Dxtros

Dabbler
I recently upgraded to truenas 13 from 12 this is when the problems began. First I started to get DHCP errors when starting a plug, after a ton of troubleshooting I somehow fixed it by disabling hardware offloading. I'm not sure how that fixed it, anyways I recently turned my NAS off and upon turning it on again the problem has returned but much worse. At this point I cannot even download plug ins (In a troubleshooting effort I deleted and tried to reinstall adguard) and get this error- adguardhome had a failure: runtime error message:pkg error pkg-static...no address record please check your network partial plugin destroyed. I dont understand what is happening at all. I pinged the DNS server successfully in the shell, pinged my router and pinged GitHub. I tried turning off dhcp in the jail and input the static ip only to be met with a vnet error Im at a loss, I know this is very vague i just didn't know what to cover because I don't even know whats happening. This is also entirely inconsistent my plex plug in is running just fine, my homebridge plug-in has an ip is online, but isnt functioning. my next cloud plug in throws a dhcp error at me. Really just considering downgrading at this point, since it was working fine.

Plug ins im trying to run
-adguard home
-home bridge
-plex(is working fine somehow)

below is my network config please help, I will answer any additional questions, thank you.
1677922138920.png

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 1677922328423.png
    1677922328423.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 59

MisterE2002

Patron
You have to re-consider if you want to run network stuff (adguard) on your NAS. If the nas breaks your network is also affect your network. If you run something like opnsense/pfsense you have that stuff on a dedicated box.

Dxtros

Dabbler
You have to re-consider if you want to run network stuff (adguard) on your NAS. If the nas breaks your network is also affect your network. If you run something like opnsense/pfsense you have that stuff on a dedicated box.
My bad, I should’ve clarified. my home network is fine. its the network on the nas I need help with. If adguard breaks the only thing that needs to be done to fix my home internet is change the dns, i’m not too concerned on messing stuff up on that end.

Dxtros

Dabbler
Drop plug-ins, they are a pain.
I think this might be what i need to do. It could be something is wrong with the plug in script because everything was working fine before the update. It’s worth trying to troubleshoot.

Last edited:

Dxtros

Dabbler
Just wanted to post an update. I couldn’t figure it out so i ended up reinstalling and resetting my config which solved the issue i was having. (Although i had to redo all the settings i wanted which sucked.)