Some network interfaces aren't enabled after boot

Nefastor

Cadet
Hello,

First, I'm not sure if I'm even using the correct term to describe the problem. Basically, when I start my NAS, only the gigabit NIC on the mainboard is active (or enabled). I also have a 10GTek X550-T2 on this NAS, but it won't start working until I go to the web interface, go under "Network", "Interfaces", edit one of the 10G ports and save. I don't need to actually change anything : I just save as soon as I get to the "Edit" page, and then the 10G port works. Until I have to reboot the NAS, and then I have to do that all over again.

I have no idea what causes this, I've been through every page of the web interface looking for a setting that might explain it. Google was no help. So here I am.

What I want is to have all my Ethernet interfaces working as soon as FreeNAS is done booting.

Now, as soon as I find out where on this forum I can setup my signature, you'll get details on what my NAS is built from, no need to ask :-D

D

dlavigne

Were you able to figure out the cause for this?

If not, does updating to 11.2-U3 resolve the issue?

Nefastor

Cadet
Were you able to figure out the cause for this?

Negatory.

If not, does updating to 11.2-U3 resolve the issue?

I haven't tried that yet. I'm only getting started with NAS and I haven't yet secured a backup of the data I'm storing on it. I don't want to update until I've taken care of that, especially for something that's a minor annoyance (a dozen clicks whenever I boot FreeNAS is tolerable for now).

I'm really looking for a simple solution such as a NIC parameter or some box to tick.