smb share permission setting issue

bones0008

Dabbler
Hi,

I just start use freenas today, and now I have some permission issue with the smb share.

In Linux samba share, we can add valid user = username to allow who can access to this share folder.

I want do the same thing in freenas, but I didn't find it, only find group permission settings but I don't want use group permission in here.

The version of the freenas is 11.2 and I use AD as the authentication for user login.

Cheers
Kim

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,

I just start use freenas today, and now I have some permission issue with the smb share.

In Linux samba share, we can add valid user = username to allow who can access to this share folder.

I want do the same thing in freenas, but I didn't find it, only find group permission settings but I don't want use group permission in here.

The version of the freenas is 11.2 and I use AD as the authentication for user login.

Cheers
Kim

You can just add an auxiliary parameter valid users = kim for the share. When there is a conflict between valid users and the filesystem ACL, the most restrictive access control wins out.

bones0008

Dabbler
You can just add an auxiliary parameter valid users = kim for the share. When there is a conflict between valid users and the filesystem ACL, the most restrictive access control wins out.
That's it? Thanks, will try that next monday.