Question about share permission and emby folder mapping

anchen

Dabbler
Hi Community,

FreeNAS version: FreeNAS-11.3-U3.1

Having a question about share permission and emby read access mapping.

I have 2 x dataset,

• dataset 1, name: media, has ACL set to restrict to user: media, group: media. has a share folder named: media. both @user and @group permission has full control. share attribute has: Browsable to Network Clients unticked, and Access Based Share Enumeration ticked.
  • dataset 2, name: public, has ACL set to OPEN. permission set to @Everyone.
I have a Emby server running in Jail as plugin with local jail folder mount to the media dataset which host for all medias.

My ultimat goal are,

1. everyone has read/write access to public share folder.
  2. only the user media login to samba server with media user credential can actually browser and see the media folder. the media folder is hided to user has no access permission to it.
  3. Emby has read/write access, or at least read access so can load medias to library.
my problems now,
  1. I have 1 and 2 working.
  2. Emby server has error of scaning library due to the permission deny from the media dataset which set to restrict.

Question,

Can I please ask if there is a way we can get Emby server has work around of this permission issue, which have at least read permission? I can add new ACL, but not sure which user Emby is running under, or group.

Kindly any advise would be appreciated. I have also ran community search, but i am not sure if others see the same issue like me.

thanks

Andy