SMB Failed to Start

markperron

Cadet
I have just done a fresh install to 11.2.U7 and keep getting the message SMB failed to start. I have given permission under Group/User, Under sharing added path to my share and given permission to assigned user/group and under storage given permission to user/group. I am at a lost. Any idea? When I run SMBD -d 3 -i I get attached.

Thank You

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-01-15 164104.png
    Annotation 2020-01-15 164104.png
    544.4 KB · Views: 224

BIGCHEW

Cadet
This May Or May Not Help But I Recently Had The Same Problem & I Just About lost 24Tb Of Data B4 I Figured Out That in a Resent Windows 10 Update micro soft Decided To Turn Off SMB With Out Any Warning What So Ever ! But Once I Found This Out I Just Had To Go Into My Windows Services & Just Turn It Back On ! That Was My Problem , It May Not B Youres But Might Worth The time to make sure!!

markperron

Cadet
This May Or May Not Help But I Recently Had The Same Problem & I Just About lost 24Tb Of Data B4 I Figured Out That in a Resent Windows 10 Update micro soft Decided To Turn Off SMB With Out Any Warning What So Ever ! But Once I Found This Out I Just Had To Go Into My Windows Services & Just Turn It Back On ! That Was My Problem , It May Not B Youres But Might Worth The time to make sure!!
Thank You for taking your time to help. Didn't work for me but really appreciate the help.

Kind Regards,
Mark

markperron

Cadet
Hello all. Couldn't figure out how to fix so I installed the beta 11.3RC2. No issues now. Love the new system.

Thanks,
MP