SMB Share is inaccessible

jaxsshadow

Cadet
Hello, I just reinstalled Truenas scale, I went through the usual process of setting up an smb share and the turning the service on as well as making a new user/group and the assigning it to the ACL of the dataset that I am using as a share.

I should mention that this dataset is on an imported pool.

when I tried to access this share from my windows 10 machine I was unable to and after a some chasing down i believe it has something to do with this

Code:
@truenas:~$ testparm -s -v
Load smb config files from /etc/smb4.conf
regdb_init: Failed to open registry /var/run/samba-cache/registry.tdb (Permission denied)
Failed to initialize the registry: WERR_ACCESS_DENIED
error initializing registry configuration: SBC_ERR_BADFILE
Error loading services.

So this leads me to think that some how smb is setup incorrectly but im not sure how this happened or how to fix it from this state.

Any help would be great and please let me know if some clarification is needed.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please take a few moments to review the Forum Rules, conveniently linked at the top of every page in red, and pay particular attention to the section on how to formulate a useful problem report, especially including a detailed description of your hardware and network.

You've basically given no one anything to work with, so the responses will tend to be random guesses rather than anything useful. Unless @anodos happens to stop by, he's the resident SMB guru.

NickF

Guru
Code:
@truenas:~$ testparm -s -v
Load smb config files from /etc/smb4.conf
regdb_init: Failed to open registry /var/run/samba-cache/registry.tdb (Permission denied)
Failed to initialize the registry: WERR_ACCESS_DENIED
error initializing registry configuration: SBC_ERR_BADFILE
Error loading services.
Did you setup as an admin user, or root? If admin, you will need to run that command with sudo
Code:
sudo testparm -s -v

jaxsshadow

Cadet
To close this thread i ended up just reinstalling the os and resetting it up, it worked completely as expected that time around.