Slow replication without any obvious bottlenecks

StorageCurious

Explorer
Hi,

I have a replication going between two fairly powerful machines. the data transferred between them is around 600Mbits/s as recorded on the network graphs of TrueNAS.

I guess it could be worst, but I can't understand why it tops off at this speed. According to TrueNAS graphs...
- On both sides (sending and receiving) the disks are not that busy (around 20%/15%). Both sides have a pool made of multiple mirrored vdevs (on side has 6, the other 3 hence the difference in usage I would think). (7200k HDDs)
- The CPU stays under 10% usage, hovers around 2%-3%.
- The network between them is a 10Gb link, and tested at that speed with iperf3 between both machines.
- The receiving side does not have a SLOG, but past experience with another set of machines tells me if doesn't make a difference for replication as the SLOG didn't seem used for the replication.

I have tried replicating to another machine in the past, with the same sort of performance.

Is this simply sort sort of "cost-of-ZFS" thing, or is there a bottleneck I forgot to consider?

thecrownguy

Dabbler
I am having the same issue and cannot figure it out. I am replicating on the same machine and before bluefin the same replication was fast.

Big_Blue

Cadet
I am also have slow performance while replication. Are you still having issues?

ChrisRJ

Wizard
None of you have provided even remotely enough information to be helped. Please read the forum rules (in red at the top of the page) to get an idea about the minimum(!) amount that is needed.

thecrownguy

Dabbler
None of you have provided even remotely enough information to be helped. Please read the forum rules (in red at the top of the page) to get an idea about the minimum(!) amount that is needed.
Wow, this answer right here is why I hate ask anything here. I get the rules but one of these posts wer not even asking anyone but the first poster if he still had issues and really didnt warrant a snide remark and that conversation was be tween them. Go ahead and ban me but it needed to be said.

ChrisRJ

Wizard
@thecrownguy , why would I want to ban you? Your response shows an in my view unwarranted reaction and a lack of understanding what is required to help you. I will simply not be able to spend personal time to provide support for free. That's it.