Can't re-initiate replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullspeed

Contributor
Hello,

See my signature for hardware specs.

I know there have been a lot of issues recently with replication, I checked out all the bug reports and did a forum search before posting this. I had Replication working great until I upgraded to the latest version and now nothing I do will re-establish it. My problem seems related to this but I'm not 100% sure https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11847, maybe someone can advise me on running the patch or not based on my screenshots / description.

Based on my research "NONE cipher" as an error is a GUI bug, other than that nothing is complaining. It just keeps re-running the replication send command but nothing shows up on the other side.

Also I think this is as designed but I had to create the dataset instead of having it created by replication on the Pull side.

Cliffnotes:

- Push and Pull sides are both the latest FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509282017
- Push and Pull both freshly rebooted
- I have a full set of snapshots on Push side completed
- There are no holds on replication on Push side
- Pull side volume has been completely recreated (no snapshots / data)
- Push side tries sending initial replication every minute but never starts

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 168

fullspeed

Contributor
Can anyone shed light on this? Should I submit a bug?

D

dlavigne

Did you get any farther with this? If not, please submit a bug and post the issue number here.

fullspeed

Contributor

fullspeed

Contributor

fullspeed

Contributor
An update to this: I was able to get replication working with "standard" encryption, "none" has simply stopped working.

For some this isn't an issue, for me I cannot replicate fast enough with encryption enabled. I've updated the bug ticket.

irTwit

Dabbler
Build FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201511040813, hardware in sig

I have the same issue, unable to replicate to a local drive with Encryption Cipher set to "Disabled". It does replicate if I set the cipher to "Fast". The below image has the error in the status, the second one was still running at screenshot time. The status for both changed to "Up to date" after finishing.

6g2xJuk.jpg

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 150

fullspeed

Contributor
Build FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201511040813, hardware in sig

I have the same issue, unable to replicate to a local drive with Encryption Cipher set to "Disabled". It does replicate if I set the cipher to "Fast". The below image has the error in the status, the second one was still running at screenshot time. The status for both changed to "Up to date" after finishing.

6g2xJuk.jpg

I just finished replicating 75TB of data and right after it was finished it failed and now its re-replicating the snapshot apparently on top of the last data.

When I do a ps aux I can see replication is back to 0% even though pull side has 76TB of data that got sent. I've updated my ticket with this information.

Edit: After the snapshot "failed" at the end of sending it, I can see on the pull side "usedchild" is growing on the dataset I am replicating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.