Replication task constantly trying to ssh to Pull

Status
Not open for further replies.

jde

Explorer
I have a dataset on my Push machine which I have configured for periodic snapshots. The snapshots are setup to occur at 4 hour intervals from 07:00 to 19:15, 7 days per week. I've confirmed that the snapshots occur as scheduled. I have the periodic snapshots setup for replication to my Pull machine. The Replication task is allowed to occur at any time (default). Replication works and all of the snapshots are present on Pull. The replication task on Push also shows that the replication task is up to date.

Per the freenas documentation,
By default, replication occurs when snapshots occur. For example, if snapshots are scheduled for every 2 hours, replication occurs every 2 hours.

The “Begin” and “End” times can be used to create a window of time where replication occurs. The default times allow replication to occur at any time of the day a snapshot occurs.

However, if I reboot Pull or otherwise interrupted the internet connections of Pull or Push, I immediately get spammed by freenas with SSH/replication failure emails. I expect and welcome the emails when freenas is in the midsts of a scheduled replication task (i.e. when the snapshots occur). But, the emails even occur well after the last snapshot of the day. It even does it when the Push GUI shows that there is no active repelication occurring and that the replication task is up to date.

As my snapshots and replication are otherwise working, this is more of an annoyance than a show stopper. Any thoughts on how to deal with this?

D

dlavigne

Well, you're not the only one. There have been quite a few changes to replication recently. Are you on the latest STABLE-201601181840? If so, it is probably worthwhile to see if anyone has reported it at bugs.freenas.org and create a report if not. If you end up making a report, post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.