SOLVED Shares not re-mapping upon login on Windows machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimPhreak

Contributor
So I have CIFS shares setup with guest access to my Windows PCs. Therefore no credentials are required to access these shares. Whenever a Windows PC on my network reboots, upon login the network drives don't reconnect until I manually click on them to open the shares. This isn't a huge deal most of the time but I also have a media server that relies on those mapped drives to stream media. And if that server gets rebooted it can't access the media off the shares until I manually open each share.

Is there something I can do to ensure my drives re-map every time my Windows PCs reboot? I realize this very well could be a Windows issue and I can just create batch script to delete and remap the drives upon login but I wanted to check to see if there was anything I needed to configure on the FreeNAS side first.

JimPhreak

Contributor
Mods can close this thread. Found my solution as it was a Windows Group Policy setting.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I run vbs files on login of all my windows machines. A little startup script that I wrote to map the machines to shared drives and printers

Sent from my Nexus 5

JimPhreak

Contributor
Yea similar to pirate I just put a batch file in my startup folder that deletes and then re-maps each drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.