Unable to access CIFS shares on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armageddon8

Cadet
Hello,

I have had my freenas system running for almost a month now, its has been pretty trouble free so far. Until today.

I upgraded my windows 8.1 system to windows 10. Since then i am unable to gain access to my CIFS shares on the freenas. My WebGUI is fine, i can access that and i can also ping the freeNAS. On my other windows 7/8.1 systems i can still access the shares.

One thing i did figure out is that when i created a local user on the win 10 system named "root" with the same root password for the freenas i was able to gaing access to the shares. It's only when i login to the system using my windows account is when it won't allow me to connect to the shares.

This is the error:
CPDVj89.png

Is anyone able to help me out?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What version of freenas? I would try rebooting your windows box and if that doesn't work you can use the net use command from the windows cli to mount and get better error messages.

Armageddon8

Cadet
I am using FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE

The account you were logged in on the windows 10 system, was it a windows account or a local user? Because local users work, just not the windows accounts.

Vukovar

Cadet
I can't reproduce the problem either; can access all freenas shares from Windows 10 OS w/o problems regardless of what account is used. Also running Freenas 9.3 Stable.

Check Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features on or off - SMB1.0/CIFS file sharing support.

Armageddon8

Cadet
It appears that after running some updates and rebooting a few times on my win 10 machine, everything is running fine. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.