setup rsync from freenas to iomega ix2-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

arik010

Cadet
Hello, does it possible to setup rsync from freenas to iomega ix2-200 ?
i managed to setup the rsync between 2 freenas but having trouble with the iomega although it has the rsync supported.

thanks.

JaimieV

Guru
Should work. Do you have rsync set up on the iOmega at the default port, 873? Is it locked up behind a passworded user account?

arik010

Cadet
Should work. Do you have rsync set up on the iOmega at the default port, 873? Is it locked up behind a passworded user account?

yes it is, iomega is listening on 873 with user/password.
how do i setup the freenas to push the iomega?

JaimieV

Guru

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If I remember correctly the freenas manual says that you it doesn't support rsync with user/password.

JaimieV

Guru
Noob! I'm disappointed in you, I even gave the link to the manual where it explains how to do it!

"If the rysnc server requires password authentication, input --password-file=/PATHTO/FILENAME in the "Extra options" box, replacing /PATHTO/FILENAME with the appropriate path to the file containing the value of the password."

Three Hail Mary's in penance.

Arik - if the "module" isn't revealed at the iOmega end, it's almost certain to be the same name as the share you're syncing with. 'Module' is basically the rsync equivalent of a 'share', and not including it is likely why the connection to the iOmega is failing. When defining the rsync task on FreeNAS you must specify the module to connect to on the iOmega.

As an alternative plan of action, you could perhaps configure up the rsync task from the iOmega end? It's easy to get the necessary module, user and pass for the FreeNAS side.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah. I was on the phone and put on hold for a minute. Hence my post had really bad grammar. LOL. I could have sworn it had said something about rsync not supporting passwords. But yeah, I just checked the manual and its there! /shrug

JaimieV

Guru
(Don't tell anyone, but I was sure it wasn't supported too! I was pleased and surprised to find that line. It's not supported directly by the GUI, which is an odd thing to miss, but the 'extra options' box is really an 'any bits of command line you want to add' box)

Status
Not open for further replies.