Setup FreeNAS as Primary Domain Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Li

Cadet
Hi erez,

Have you figured out how to get RSAT to work with FreeNAS as the primary domain controller?

icsy7867

Contributor
I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I just started dabbling in this.

I actually have RSAT (Active Directory Users and Computers connecting to my freenas host with it's domain settings enabled. But there are certain options that I just can't seem to change. For instance if I try and change a users name in the "Account" tab I get a slew of errors...

"The Specified Domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"
"The pr-Windows 2000 domain name for the user cannot be displayed"

And other things around that...

But ADExplorer works beautifully....
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/adexplorer.aspx

The only issue with it, is you can't reset passwords (As far as I know...).... Still playing around with everything!

erez

Dabbler
Hi Icsy7867,
Thanks for letting me know about ADExplorer. I apologize for taking this long to reply.. a whole lot of things got in the way however the long and short is I never managed to get RSAT working with FreeNAS. Above said I will be free to start experimenting again in the next week using the new FreeNAS 9.10 and will post in detail my results once done.

Take good care..

nexlevel

Cadet
Greetings All,

Any updates on this topic?

Thanks in advance.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Please start a new thread in the Corral forums for that.

Bragas

Cadet
I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I just started dabbling in this.

I actually have RSAT (Active Directory Users and Computers connecting to my freenas host with it's domain settings enabled. But there are certain options that I just can't seem to change. For instance if I try and change a users name in the "Account" tab I get a slew of errors...

"The Specified Domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"
"The pr-Windows 2000 domain name for the user cannot be displayed"

And other things around that...

But ADExplorer works beautifully....
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/adexplorer.aspx

The only issue with it, is you can't reset passwords (As far as I know...).... Still playing around with everything!

How did you get the Freenas working as DC? Only configure on GUI are enough? Mine doesn´t work at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.