Rollback from 9.3 Beta to 9.2.1.8 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhino5

Cadet
I don't suppose anyone could put together a "how to" on getting back to Release from trying the Beta?

I was trying it out on my home FreeNAS, and well I couldn't get any plugins to work except Murmur (which I installed manually prior). So I would like to rollback, but now I'm getting that drive re-zero error on startup.

So am I hosed and I'm going to have to wipe the drives (and 2TB of movies and tv) and start over completely or is there another way?

Thanks for any help.

D

dlavigne

AFAIK that's going to be a fresh install with an upload of the previous 9.2.1.x config...

RobertT

Explorer
hopefully you didnt upgrade the zpool version..

Rhino5

Cadet
Unfortunately, I did upgrade the zpool version.
However, I did a fresh reinstall of 9.3 to a different USB stick (dunno why that made a difference) and now I can install plugins and everything works.
Moral of the story - for me - don't upgrade, reinstall fresh.

joelmusicman

Patron
If you upgraded the zpool, then there's absolutely no way to revert back to an older version (short of reimaging the array). Note that upgrading the firmware often doesn't require upgrading the zpool version, and the differences are very minor so I typically wait to do a zpool upgrade until I've run the firmware for a month or so.

The fresh install was probably important due to the major point upgrade. Glad you're up and running.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Upgrading the zpool is one-way, which is why it's mentioned in the manual and explicitly stated that you shouldn't upgrade until you are sure you will never need to downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.