Trying 0.7 after 8 BETA...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJS

Patron
Guys,

I first tried out FreeNAS 8.0 RELEASE, and then 8.0.1 BETA3. I haven't yet tried 7, and I wish I could - but, I'm getting errors when trying to write the .img file to usb disk! If using physdiskwrite, it tells me 'error when opening freenas' or some such. I downloaded the .img file and tried burning it to USB via WinImageWriter (or whatever the name of the program used with FreeBSD and its USB images). The write was successful, but I couldn't boot with it! (Kept telling me to insert suitable boot media or something.) Ideas?

One more thing : Tried going from 8.0.1 to 8.0 - with 8.0, I couldn't see my disks when trying to create a volume! 8.0.1 sees them fine though. Any idea why?

Thanks!

troby

Cadet
I don't have the details handy, but if you google "physdiskwrite" you can probably find them. The trick that worked for me and others in Windows is to leave open the popup that says something about "you need to format this disk before it can be used" , and then run physdiskwrite, and then close the "format" popup.

SilverJS

Patron
OK - how do I do that? More research for me....=)

Status
Not open for further replies.